This site is a static rendering of the Trac instance that was used by R7RS-WG1 for its work on R7RS-small (PDF), which was ratified in 2013. For more information, see Home.
Source for wiki ExceptionsErrorsAndConditions version 6
= Exceptions, Errors, and Conditions =
== Introduction ==
Nearly all Scheme implementations provide some notion of error handling,
and ticket #18 addresses the question of whether we should standardize one.
This page is meant to serve as an index for proposals as well as
summaries of existing systems.
== Proposals ==
== System Summaries ==
* [http://www.r6rs.org/final/html/r6rs-lib/r6rs-lib-Z-H-8.html#node_chap_7 R6RS Exceptions and Conditions]
* [http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-12/srfi-12.html SRFI-12 Exception Handling] (withdrawn)
* [http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-18/srfi-18.html SRFI-18 Threading] (includes exceptions)
* [http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-34/srfi-34.html SRFI-34 Exception Handling] (used in Scheme48)
* [http://scheme.com/tspl4/exceptions.html#./exceptions:h0 Chez Scheme Exceptions]
* [http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/html/reference/exns.html PLT Scheme Errors and Conditions]
* [http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/documentation/mit-scheme-ref/Error-System.html#Error-System MIT Scheme Error System (conditions, errors, and restarts)]