This site is a static rendering of the Trac instance that was used by R7RS-WG1 for its work on R7RS-small (PDF), which was ratified in 2013. For more information, see Home.
Source for wiki ModuleFactoringShinn version 2
Trivial reformatting for readability: use the Preview option!
I propose the following changes from the first draft:
* Rename `(scheme io)` as `(scheme io base)`
* Add `(scheme io)` as a convenience composite of all four I/O modules
* Move `interaction-environment` to the `(scheme eval)` module
* Move `case-lambda` to a new `(scheme case-lambda)` module
* If `exact-integer-sqrt` still returns multiple values, move it to a new module
* Rename `(scheme unicode)` to `(scheme char)`
* Move `char-alphabetic?`, `char-numeric?`, `char-upper-case?`, `char-lower-case?` and `char-whitespace?` to `(scheme char)`
* Move the normalization procedures to `(scheme char normalization)`
Depending on discussion, I would consider moving
the following out of the core:
* blob procedures
* `string-ref` and `string-set!`