This site is a static rendering of the Trac instance that was used by R7RS-WG1 for its work on R7RS-small (PDF), which was ratified in 2013. For more information, see Home.
Source for wiki SeventhDraftEditorialCorrections version 8
These are the editorial corrections to the seventh draft in the order they were made:
* Added `#` to vector literals in certain examples
* Added cross-reference for import declarations
* Fixed example and added new example for `digit-value`
* Improved discussion of transitivity for `=`, `<`, etc.
* Noted that `substring` is a special case of `string-copy`
* Improved wording describing alternative exponent markers
* Fixed `read-bytevector!` argument order to match `write-bytevector`
* Added includers to formal syntax of primitive procedures
* Corrected formal syntax of <program> to match prose
* Removed confusing term "top level" in favor of "outermost" (for syntax) and "global" (for bindings)
* Replaced redundant non-digit with dot subsequent
* Changed "distinct" to "normally distinct" in the explanation of negative zero
* Explained that `equal?` is defined in terms of itself
* Clarified that objects used to signal errors may or may not be error-objects
* Explain that "is an error" situations may signal an error, extend the language, or fail catastrophically
* Changed "name" to "character" in example of character escape, \x03BB
* Moved comma outside literal string that is the printed representation of the number twenty-eight.
* Fixed bug in derived expression for `let*-values`.
* Revised wording of non-termination requirement for `display`.
* Refined wording about `eqv?` in non-IEEE inexact implementations.
This page is now obsolete: see the eighth draft.